Wednesday 28 March 2012

Life is beautiful, even when it's ugly and when it hurts.  Sometimes the fear of living outweighs the fear of death. Sometimes the fear of having never existed in the first place is all encompassing. How can I prove that I exist outside of my own experiences of life? 

Every day is full of strangers, and it's my responsibility to treat them with dignity and respect, even if they aren't extending that same courtesy. 

Sometimes I feel existential, solipsistic. But if I can make someone I don't know smile regardless of my own pain or discomfort or personal crisis, then I know that smile will make them think of me, and make me exist outside of my own mind. If someone can think of me and smile, then I've ensured that I am definitely alive. Even when I am dead and gone, if I can be remembered with a smile, then I will always exist.

1 comment:

  1. You will always be remembered with a smile by me. <3

    ReplyDelete